Willy’s + Lavazza= Tiramisu
I have a Lavazza coffee machine. Typically Italian, it’s feisty and erratic but on a good day, when it does comply it produces an espresso with a good crema, which is the only thing I will add to any recipe which calls for coffee.
I decided not to include Tiramisu as the dessert of choice for my Italian theme (boring) I find it more of a family style dessert-very casual and nice but certainly not worth making you pay me to teach you.
Mmmmm, I am not a sponge finger kind of girl but, dipped in a good Lavazza espresso and topped with Frangelico infused mascarpone, I’ll relent.
Besides my feisty little Italian coffee machine, the other ingredient that knocked my socks off was grating some of Willy’s 100% cacao on top.
I am not sure if it was Venezuelan or Peruvian, it was not very Italian but I grabbed a block at Woolies and I think I may have paid equivalent of a new tyre for my Mini. Just use a good 70% chocolate instead.
This is a very simple version, in that it’s egg free and super- fast (just like my Mini, which only has 3 new tyres now)
4 pumps vanilla paste
3 tablespoons Frangelico
150 ml espresso, cooled to room temperature
150 ml cream
4 tablespoons icing sugar
16 Savoiardi biscuits/ sponge fingers
Frozen bar of 70% Chocolate
• Mix the mascarpone with the vanilla , Frangelico and 50ml of the coffee
• Whip the cream with the icing sugar until smooth, then fold in the mascarpone mixture.
• Pour the remaining coffee into a bowl, take one sponge finger at a time and dip it in to the coffee and then into a your dish of choice.
• Top with mascarpone mixture and refrigerate for just 30 minutes.
• To serve grate chocolate over the top
• Dust with sifted cocoa powder (unless you too have a block of Willy’s 100% and that would be tantamount to tearing pages from a recipe book)