Lisa’s crunchy cashew and carrot salad
1. Lisa’s roast vegetable salad with Asian dressing
2. Lisa’s carrot salad
3. Lisa’s strawberry salad
4. Lisa’s Indonesian chicken and mango salad
5. Ottolenghi’s red cabbage salad
So clearly my DELICIOUS! friend has a thing for salads…
Yes I tweak them and sell them, but she certainly knows how to find them and I count myself lucky to have a COOKSISTER who shares so abundantly and generously.
This is a salad that was a hit on my summer course and it’s a recipe that gets asks for the minute the first forkful is devoured.
It’s a beautiful accompaniment to curries and braai’s.
The only problem with this salad, is that you will HATE regular carrot salads and never eat a carrot and pineapple salad again!
LISA’S CRUNCHY CASHEW AND CARROT SALAD
1kg Bag carrots, peeled and coarsely grated (I use my kitchen aid processor)
½ cup canola oil
¼ cup rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons wholegrain Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
2 teaspoons crushed garlic
100 g caramelised nuts of your choice ( I love the honeyed cashews from Woolworths)
¼ cup chopped coriander ( or use Italian parsley if you do not like coriander)
1. Whisk oil, vinegar, mustard, sugar and garlic together and toss through carrots and chopped herbs
2. Add nuts just before serving.
- New recipes for files...
- Salsa Verde
- Savoury tarts with no-bake-blind parmesan pastry and delicious fillings