Oh My Gosh! I forgot how zesty and luscious this recipe is. With only 3 ingredients and about 10 minutes of prepping and cooking time, I should be making it far more often, but like most of my old course recipes, I do forget about these old gems.
It tastes like the condensed milky filling of a lemon meringue pie, except these sweet zesty velvety puddings are served in little pots or espresso cups.
Make sure you have a spoon that fits into your shot glasses before setting.
I like to serve these plain but you could add a mini meringue, a dollop of cream or a twist of candied lemon peel to garnish.
Lemon Posset (Makes about 8 shot glasses)
125g castor sugar
60ml/ ¼ fresh cup lemon juice
1. Combine cream and castor sugar in a pot and bring to boil while stirring.
2. Reduce heat and bubble for 3 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and add lemon juice.
4. Pour into a jug and allow to cool, stirring every now and then to avoid a skin forming on top
5. Pour into shot glasses and chill for a few hours.
Tags: lemon posset
- Cream cheese icing: The reason I found a grey hair.
- My favourite sponge cake to celebrate....
- My favourite sponge cake